Monday, February 11, 2013

Slowly but surely, it's comeback time!

I did try to crazy-bright up my treadmill outfits...crazy as it seems, it did seem to work in boosting my mood and enthusiasm for the work out!
  I also ran outside Saturday, using my yaktrax for the first time.  I had a great time playing in the snow and catching some vitamin D.  I also had a good reason to get out there: this weekend was the 2nd annual Run For Sherry.  I spent almost the whole run thinking of her story.  Every time I felt like stopping (running in yaktrax should count double.  It's a bit right running with bricks on your feet in the sand.) I would be filled with an amazing sense of gratitude that I can run, that I am running that there are others who can not, or who were taken too soon.   

The shamrock run is in 3 weeks.  I probably won't beat my time from last year, nor will I beat my newly-returned-to-running-after-a-10-year-hiatus-hubby but I'm ok with that.  My happy runs are returning along with longer days and that's the best thing ever!

Nemo's got nothing on me!
Snow tire print-totally an excuse for a walk break
 
Snow Tires!


I have no idea what is going on with my picture formatting!  Oh well!

I went out again on Sunday and should have run the hill in front of my house at the end because my out and back ended up being 4.8 miles...so close to 5! (It was a little easier...no wind to run into, and no bricks on my feet as the roads were much clearer)  It's amazing how much better I feel when I am outside and the sun is shining.  My January total was a measly 22.5 miles, so anything to improve that is a good thing. I'm terrified about running the Mountain Goat in May, but not as terrified as I was when I was thinking about it last week.

2 comments:

  1. ooh yaktrax, I'd love to try that..especially with this weather we're having!
    Even if you don't beat any records, I hope you have a GREAT time at the shamrock run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright clothes! I have some yaktrax that I haven't used yet. I was wondering if they feel heavy. I'm sure I'll have a chance to use them soon! Great job on getting back out there!!

    ReplyDelete