Friday, December 28, 2012

Last 5K of 2012


I was all smiles at the start (fake it till you make it?), but boy was that one of the toughest 5Ks I've ever run! 

Several reasons I'm sure of: 1) I lovehate my treadmill.  2) All.Those.Christmas.Cookies.  3) its been a solid week since I've run.  Or even walked that much, unless you count my Christmas Eve shopping trip.  4) I didn't much feel like doing it, so good thing I forked over the money and felt forced to do it. 
So in that regards it was pretty successful
That WAS my whole purpose for challenging myself to sign up for at least one race a month all year. So I would do it. I never said I'd like it ;) That said: I've never regretted a run or a race no matter how bad. I always always always regret not running. So with that, I am proud of my worst 5k time in recent memory.
LOL.  Maybe i can blame some of my difficulties on the fact that I wore two different shoes?!

9 comments:

  1. Great job for getting it done!
    No matter how awful or painful a run turns out to be - you're right, no one ever regrets it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, now i can wear the race shirt with no guilt!! hahaha

      Delete
  2. Any race in the winter is a victory. There really aren't many to even sign up for around here, so I prob won't see a finish line until march. That is great monthly motivation for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are few and far between this time of year! There are only a couple hangover runs on January 1st around here...and a Lights on the Lake one on the 6th (that's the one I've got my eyes on, since the husband and i have new year's eve plans and it would TRULY be a hangover run for me!) February might end up being another virtual race though, I haven't found anything else except a snowy half marathon I procrastinated too long on signing up for and it's full. Truth be told, I was relieved!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I looked at something on New Year's Day, but I will probably be in rough shape. I will probably just languish until March. I think warmer weather sounds better anyways, especially considering how much waiting around races include.

      Delete
  3. Definitely blame it on the shoes! Lol! I'm proud of you for doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to figure out how I put them on post warm-up (I've been doing 5 minutes or so 'barefoot' first to help my form) AND then retied them after the first mile, then cooked dinner and gave my son a bath all before I noticed! Distracted much? Thanks!

      Delete
  4. great job for hitting up that last race for the year! often times we don't exactly 'want' to do those hard runs...BUUT we know it's worth it for how we feel afterwards. great job and here's to much more in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So true! I've had a rough couple of weeks motivation-wise, so the best thing I could have done was forced myself!

      Delete