Thursday, July 26, 2012

So I'm down to just using Hal Higdon's half marathon training plan as my training guide, but week to week I'm using it more as a check list, depending on what my schedule allows me time for.  I will continue to try and keep my long runs on Sunday (or Monday if need be) so that in my plan the race is closest to the actual race day.  Yesterday I had decided to use as my strength and stretch day (originally Monday on the plan) so I went to the yoga studio .  I figured a little yoga fit the bill as both strength and stretching, and it was a great class.  It's amazing that no matter how long I've been away from the studio, stepping on my mat feels like coming home.  I was super sore this morning, so I know I got a good work out.  I'm going to go again on Friday.  Turns out I had 5 classes I paid for 6 months ago.  I can't believe it's been so long since I've been there.  I will be making hitting the studio a priority in my training plan from now on.  I feel ridiculous that I didn't start going the moment the kids started rec 3 weeks ago.  Oh well. 

Today's plan simply said easy run.  Or maybe it said strength and easy run...I only got a run in so i'm going with that.  I took the dog with me today, which is usually more trouble than it's worth, but she behaved pretty well.  I only ended up going about 2.5 with her.  It's been a long time since she went with me, so I was afraid to push her too hard.  I also had to go shopping for my birthday boy, so I needed to give myself plenty of time to get back to the house, shower, dress and hit wally world and be back in time to pick them up from their early day.  I had my timing just right, and I pulled into the parking lot just as their field trip bus was getting back.  Phew!

Ack! I removed dailymile since I can't get that app on my phone and thought I could put the runkeeper widget in here, but I can't figure it out.  Sigh.  Oh well.  So according to runkeeper I ran .52, reset the work out, then added another 2.3 in my easy run.  Not too bad since I had the dog with me.  I had to reset, since I was trying to listen to a podcast, and I for some reason had the app set to tell me every 5th step (or so it seemed) my pace and time and distance.  Anyway, that makes the totals:

Thursday:  2.7
Week:  9.4
Month: 57.6
Also, forgive any spelling...for some reason the spell check button has an error message.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment